Two blogathon hosts are better than one, and the lovely Gill of Realweegiemidget Reviews and I have been wanting to host an event together for a long time. Well, ladies and gentlemen, we’re finally going to do it, and without further ado may I herald the coming of the Home Sweet Home Blogathon!
This event is devoted to movies about home and family. Finding a home, losing a home, going home. Anything to do with home. And anything to do with family, whether won, lost, or changed. Or family members making movies together, such as John and Hayley Mills, or Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman even though the latter aren’t together anymore. If they were ever bound by blood or marriage, they count as family.
And now for…
- Posts can be sent to either Gill at Reelweegiemidget Reviews or to Taking Up Room on or around January 27th though the 29th, 2021. New material only, please.
- Since this is such a big topic, duplicates are verboten and participants are limited to two posts maximum.
- Topics can be about movies or TV from any era as long as they’re about home, family, or both. As in, these themes must be central to the plot. Or you can choose to write about your dream film or TV house.
- If writing about family: The family members must be in either a film or TV show where the family or at least two members of the family are central to the plot. If you are writing about an off screen family you can review a film or TV Show that has two or more members of this acting family in the cast (they don’t have to be but can be related) in the film. Off screen married couples are also allowed even if they are now divorced or separated, but if you do mention their divorce, please be respectful to both of them or your post will not be accepted.
- Grab a banner and advertise the blogathon!
Realweegiemidget Reviews: Summer of Fear (1978)
Taking Up Room: Far and Away (1993), Pieces of April (2003)
Cinema Catharsis: Strange Circus (2005)
Caftan Woman: Make Way For Tomorrow (1937)
Dubsism: Big Jake (1971)
Moon in Gemini: The Money Pit (1986)
Angelman’s Place: Since You Went Away (1944)
The Craggus: Coneheads (1993)
Until the Lights Go Up: Summer Wars (2009)
Cinematic Scribblings: El Sur (1983)
Silver Screenings: The Magnificent Ambersons (1942)
Tales from The Freakboy Zone: Parents (1989)
The Oak Drive In: Our Mother’s House (1967)
Hometowns to Hollywood: It Happened on 5th Avenue (1947)
K N Winiarski: You Can’t Take it with You (1938)
A Shroud of Thoughts: Secondhand Lions (2003)
Wide Screen World: Winchester (2018)
Crítica Retró: Gray Gardens (1975)
Maddy Loves Her Classic Films: A Raisin In the Sun (1961)
John Rieber: The Royal Tenenbaums (2001)
Whimsically Classic: A Summer Place (1959), The Brady Bunch and their house
Silver Screen Suppers: Jessica Fletcher’s home in Cabot Cove in the Murder She Wrote TV Series
Flapper Dame: A Place to Call Home (2013-18)
Retro Movie Buff: A Lion in Winter (1968)
Nuwan Sen’s Film Sense: A Bollywood Movie (Title to be confirmed)
Spirochaetetrail: Fly Away Home (1996)
18 Cinema Lane: Taming Andrew (2000)
DB Movies Blog: Nowhere In Africa (2001)
Thoughts All Sorts: Home From the Hill (1960)
A Scunner Darkly: The Crow Road (1996)
Silver Screen Classics: The Grapes Of Wrath (1940)
Daniberry: Little Miss Sunshine (2006)
Maniacs and Monsters (Andrew): The Lodge (2019)
Maniacs and Monsters (Michael): Crimson Peak (2015)
Hamlette’s Soliloquy: Mr. Hobbs Takes A Vacation (1962)