As promised, deja vu… 🙂
My second Sunshine Blogger Award in less than a month! Well, friends, this is an unexpected honor. This time I got nominated by my lovely friend, Gill at Realweegiemidget Reviews–thank you so much, Gill! I am immensely flattered that you thought of me for this award.
Just like the first time around, the Sunshine Blogger Award comes with certain duties:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven bloggers.
- Create eleven new questions for your nominees to answer.
On to Gill’s questions:
- Your perfect film romantic movie stars you opposite which actor / actress as your love interest? Sean Patrick Flanery, because he’s got a goofy smile just like my husband. And he’s on my Five Flaming Hotties list, so…yeah.
- What movie always makes you cry? My Girl–Anna Chlumsky’s performance is excellent. Also, there’s a scene in So Proudly We Hail! that always makes me tear up, but that’s another story for another time.
- What film do you think didn’t need a sequel? Pretty much every Disney sequel has no reason to exist. Legally Blonde II was not the greatest idea, either–they should at least have gotten the original writers involved.
- Whats your favourite film or TV reboot? The Preacher’s Wife. I mean, The Bishop’s Wife was charming with Claudette and Cary, but I really like Whitney and Denzel together.
- Who’s your favourite film or TV villain? It’s a tossup between Alan Rickman as the Sheriff of Nottingham and Darth Vader. Oh, and Voldemort. Ralph Fiennes is languidly creepy.
- Who was your first love in the movies? That would be Kirk Douglas. Again, I refer you to my Five Flaming Hotties post. 🙂
- What film could you watch over and over again? I have a few, actually: Since You Went Away, The Princess Bride, Star Wars (the original trilogy), The Wizard of Oz, and the whole Harry Potter series. I try not to watch any film too many times in succession, though–we all know what they say about familiarity breeding contempt.
- Whats your favourite (and most disliked) autobiography (book)? Anne Frank Remembered by Miep Gies. It’s the story of the last surviving helper, who basically watched Anne Frank grow up. I don’t really have a least favorite, although I do have a minor beef with Esther Williams’s Million Dollar Mermaid–the book itself is a lot of fun, but I suspect some of it isn’t true.
- What’s your favourite (and most disliked) biopic? Yankee Doodle Dandy for sentimental reasons–it’s my dad’s favorite too, plus it’s James Cagney. My most disliked is Lizzie. Liberties are to be expected in biopics because the idea is to make a good film, but Lizzie went beyond the pale, not to mention it’s boring.
- If you could interview anyone for your blog, who would it be? What would you ask them first? I’d love to interview Tobymac, but I don’t write about music very much, so I’d probably say one of Arch Oboler’s sons. My first question would be, “To what extent do you still see your dad’s influence in today’s entertainment?”
- Who or what is your dream blogathon subject? When I get there, I will let you all know. 😉
Okeydokey, time for my eleven nominees…
- Fritzi at Movies Silently
- Ruth at Silver Screenings
- J-Dub at Dubsism
- Andrew at The Stop Button
- Quiggy at The Midnite Drive-In
- Lea at Silentology
- Rob at MovieRob
- Debra at Moon In Gemini
- Emily at The Flapper Dame
- Sally at 18 Cinema Lane
- Tiffany and Rebekah at Pure Entertainment Preservation Society
All righty, now we’ve come to the eleven questions my eleven nominees will have to answer. *rubs hands gleefully* Here we go:
- If you could recreate any theme park attraction in your backyard, what would it be? Roller coaster, dark ride, walkthrough, defunct, current, whatever.
- Is there a children’s book, TV show, or film that’s your guilty pleasure? If so, which one is it? It can be standalone or a series.
- Which film or TV show do you wish would come to Blu-ray or DVD?
- Hollywood’s reboot fetish: Are you over it, meh, or good with it?
- What made you decide to become a blogger?
- Which two TCM presenters would you most like to co-host with?
- What is the first movie you remember watching in a theater?
- If you could start a second blog, what would it be about?
- You can access the complete film library and historical archive of any studio. Which one is your choice?
- What’s your favorite film genre and why?
- What is the coolest or most memorable vacation you’ve ever been on?
That oughta do it. Thanks again, Gill, for nominating me, and congrats to all my nominees! Thanks for reading, all, and I hope to see you on Friday, when I’ll be posting my entry for Crystal’s Joan Bennett Blogathon…