Surprise, surprise! A couple of days ago, the sweet ladies at Pure Entertainment Preservation Society nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you so much, Tiffany and Rebekah.
This award comes with certain duties (find out where it started here), and the first one is to relay the Versatile Blogger Code of Conduct:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Provide a link to their blog.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers of your choosing.
Now, there’s no hard-and-fast obligation to participate in awards like this, and the concept seems pretty chain letter-ish, but it’s still a nice way to show appreciation for other bloggers. I hope you’ll pay Tiffany and Rebekah a visit–they have a lot of exciting plans in the works, which are sure to be a lot of fun.
One and Two are down, and without further ado, here are those seven random facts about me:
- My top three favorite classical composers: J.S. Bach, Tchaikovsky, and Gershwin.
- I’m not a fan of organ meats, or most exotic ones. The texture bugs me. My husband tricked me into eating frog legs once, and it didn’t end well. I’ll eat pretty much anything else, though.
- I was a secret shopper for a few months, and that meant lots of customer service work. For one, I had to call Papa John’s restaurants around the country and pretend to order pizza. Some calls were more interesting than others. A guy I talked to in Illinois tried to pick me up–he said he’d be happy to deliver my pizza himself. My co-workers’ expressions were priceless when I told them. For another, I had to call maintenance people who had ordered from Home Depot Supply to make sure they were happy with their purchases. One of these calls was to the Church of Scientology in Los Angeles, and I narrowly refrained from asking about Tom Cruise.
- On my twenty-first birthday, I went to prison…Alcatraz!
- I work with two-year olds at my church.
- I once had a cute little terrier mix named Buffy. Poor thing was very tolerant of me, even when my six-year old self tried to give her antlers á la How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
- The Ruby Slippers got me interested in film (More on that another day).
And now for those nominations (in no particular order):
- Crystal from In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood
- Gill from Realweegiemidget Reviews
- Quiggy from The Midnite Drive In
- Fritzi from Movies Silently
- Patricia from the Caftan Woman
- Catherine from Thoughts All Sorts
- Virginie from The Wonderful World of Cinema
- J-Dub from Dubsism
- Theresa from CineMaven’s Essays From the Couch
- Gabriela from Pale Writer
- Debbie from Moon in Gemini
- Heather from Story Time with Heather Pasley
- Emily from The Flapper Dame
- Kristen from Speakeasy
- Christina from Christina Wehner
Et voilá. Like I said, no one is obligated to participate, but I chose to accept this particular award because I want to give a shout out to just a few of my blogger inspirations. There are so many others not listed here, though–everyone has their own way of looking at life and their own approach to blogging, and that’s all good. Thanks again for nominating me, Tiffany and Rebekah–I am flattered! Hope to see everyone tomorrow…